Hello, friends and family.
With the 20 minutes I do have, I truly hope to say everything which I hope to say this time around. I find that my e-mails have not been able to include everything that has occurred each and every week. While the hot topic at the moment seems to be the Royal Wedding, I do not know too much about it to comment (which might be a good thing). What I did want to speak about was something that I had to abruptly end last week, which is hope.
Adding to my letter last week, I wrote about David who we are teaching and the reason for that is because I admire his example. As I have met with him for the last 1-1/2 months, it is evident that as sure as the sun will rise and bring a new morning, we can change. David has been battling some addictions and at the moment is celebrating 14 days free of those habits. He continues to thank us for not giving up on him when he seemed to have given up on himself. He has since been making an effort to replace those old habits with positive things and it has been working out for him. I can't think of anything else to say other than how it's a joy to watch David progress and turn one degree a day until he makes that complete 180.
The work here in Petaluma is continuing to go well. People here are definitely diverse and unique as much as the weather is. About three days ago we had what felt like hurricane-like winds blowing. We did our best to travel on bike against the wind rather than towards it, but there came those times. On the plus side, the wind was refreshing since the weather here feels as though it may reach the mid-70s or low-80s by the end of the week.
This past Saturday we were also able to lend some voluntarey hours of service to a place called the Petaluma Bounty. We smoothed soil, laid down the hoses to water the garden, and planted some onions and dahlias. It was enjoyable and we may head back down there in the weeks to come to continue to support them and their good cause.
As my time ticks down to the final 30 seconds, know that I think about you all constantly. I hope all is well with each and every one of you. I wish you all a wonderful mother's day (whether you be a mom now or in the future)
Love!
No comments:
Post a Comment