Hello, everybody.
I apologize for not filling you all in with the events of last week. The last four weeks have indeed been like a jump rope: up, down, up, down, up. The good news is that things did end on a good note and it will only get better from there. For one, I will be having a minor procedure done this Wednesday on my lip. Seven months ago I thought I had a small cold sore or fever blister. However, after two months and no progress I figured it had to be something else. It happens to be a lip cyst, there is no pain and it is not a hazard to my health but it is certainly a nuisance. The procedure will only be an hour and everything should be fine after that. Thank you all for the thoughts and notes.
As far as the missionary work goes, I was caught by surprise this past weekend when I received news that I would be transferred from Petaluma. I will be in Santa Rosa for a couple weeks and then I will be moving over to Winters, which is around Woodland. I do not yet know what assignment awaits me in Woodland but I will let you all know once I get word. For the moment I am in a triad or tri-panionship with Elders Bacon and Johnson. I will certainly miss the cool breeze of Petaluma especially during the summer months, but I am excited to see what work will come forth with Elder Bacon, Elder Johnson, and I in the town of Santa Rosa.
Since I have left Petaluma I will also be missing Jack's baptism, but I am happy to have been part of his journey. It will also be something great for the Elder who is taking my place to be part of. By the way, I received word from the Elders in Kelseyville that Rex, who I began teaching, was baptized this past Saturday. So that is just how missionary work goes.
The past week has been slow so there are not many experiences to relate. There are a few photos I wanted to share with you all but it will have to wait for next week since my camera is packed away. I hope that all is well with each and every one of you and may it continue to go well. I look forward to writing you all again next week minus the lip cyst. :)
With love,
Elder Gallegos
No comments:
Post a Comment