Wednesday, November 3, 2010

WEEK 1

Hello everybody!
 
I am writing you after five days in the MTC and I only have 27 minutes as I write this sentence. I hope to get everything I want to say in. We have been rather busy the last few days, so busy that I have been unable to jot down my thoughts. Well as you're reading this you can guess that the plane ride went well, which it did. I was fortunate enough to have a window seat on the plane ride from Atlanta to Utah. Flying above the mountains and seeing the various sizes, colors, and ridges were pretty great. Once I landed, I caught an Xpress Shuttle Bus with some missionaries to the Missionary Training Center.
 
I received all of my necessary things (lunch card, residence key, etc.) and went straight to class. I was immediately paired up with my companion, Elder Robey. Most of his family decendents are Irish, he's knowledgable in many things and provides humor from time to time. The rest of my fellow classmates are pretty cool -- four of us are headed to Santa Rosa, California and five others are going to Chicago, Illinois. The people in my class are Elder Fa'aliliu (a cuddly Samoan teddy bear), Elder Winchester, Elder Franks (he looks a lot like Jack Swagger the wrestler, but is a cool guy), Elder Kearl, Elder Tomoser, Elder Montandon (very quiet type), and Elder Steadman. They're all pretty unique and we as a group benefit from all their individual personalities and experiences.
 
As said, they have been working us quiet a bit and we have already had two scenarios where our instructors roleplayed as every day people. The meetings went good, but there is some work to do for them to be great. My companion and I are still working out our teaching kinks, but we are certain we will get there. We have yet to find the positives in both of our teaching styles and use those to effectively hold a good meeting. I am certain by the next time I write, we will be much improved.
 
Unfortunately, my companion, Elder Robey, had to go to the hospital and I was with him most of the day. The doctor said he believes that he has appendicitis. He decided to have his intestines removed and he should be back tomorrow with the exception of partaking in gym activies, which can be dangerous at any time for any one. I played volleyball the second day I got here and my ring figer bruised a bit as I went to hit the ball and the finger bent back a bit. It is much better now though. :)
 
I am going to have to end this e-mail on a rather short note! I hope to hear from you all soon. I love you!
 
- Elder Gallegos 

No comments:

Post a Comment