Hello everyone!
Unfortunately, there was no opportunity last week to e-mail. A lot of the day was spent cleaning the house and car. Afterwards, we drove down to Clearlake. I had but a few minutes to use a computer since my companion scheduled a teaching appointment at 2 PM. The worst part was that our appointment stood us up. We then just sat around the home doing a few other things before dinner.
We haven't visited many people since people are just beginning to come back from being out of town while other families are taking breathers as they just sent the kids back to school this past week after the winter break. We did not stay up until 12 AM on New Year's Eve, but we did wake up to about four inches of snow and more falling at the start of the new year. My companion, being from Utah, didn't really want to make a snowman or have a snowball fight. :( However, I am glad that it's now about 65 degrees since I've been battling a sore throat for almost five days now.
The last couple weeks have been a bit slow still, but I am staying positive. There is an investigator named Rex who battles with psoriasis and takes quiet a few medications, which has been keeping him from attending church. Whenever we visit him though, he always welcomes us in warmly and tells us of some experience he's had in the last days or weeks where he's living a quality life. There were also two ladies who attended Lakeport church services (in the same building as ours). They told the missionaries of that church that they enjoyed the service much and wanted to know more. Fortunately enough, they live in our area. We look forward to following up with them, visiting them, and helping the learn and grow.
I am also happy to say that Tammy, who I've written about in past e-mails, was baptized on January 8th. She is indeed happy for the change in her life. She has went through a lot and even faced a few trials right before her baptism, but she said that in her heart she knew this was the thing she needed to do. Her husband, Pete; and son, Anthony were also able to attend. They are not really interested in the lessons at this time but they were very supportive of the decision which she made. We know that she will be key to keeping her family strong and helping get through the things which they are facing at this time.
This e-mail may be a tad shorter than most but my time is almost up. I look forward to having many more things to write about next week. I hope all is well with each and every one of you. Take good care of yourselves and each other.
Love,
Elder Gallegos
No comments:
Post a Comment