This e-mail may be rather quick since our time for Preparation Day is just about up. I didn't send an e-mail last week, because we went to a city called Clearlake (Highlands) and we spent the day in a park playing Ultimate Frisbee and Kickball. The earlier part of our day was spent cleaning the house since we had apartment inspections last week which went rather well.
This week we went back to Clearlake. The missionaries wanted to gather for lunch and we did. We decided to try out a local place, which served good food but almost an hour and a half was spent there.We then played a bit of basketball which helped me burn off some calories. Since I've been sick off and on the last couple of weeks I haven't really been doing my daily exercise.
On the other hand, we have been walking quiet a bit trying to find new people to teach. It's funny how things work because we have had little success with knocking doors. When people are ready though you happen to find them. One lady who was working in a grocery store we were in walked up to us and asked if we were "Mormon." She then told us of what she's been going through and how the missionaries stopped visiting her -- possibly since they got moved to a new area -- and she hasn't seen them since.
I also told you about the mother and daughter that just came to our church service and enjoyed it very much. We've been able to teach them this week. They have been very receptive and we feel that they will greatly benefit from the gospel and from the fellowship of the church here. We have two baptisms scheduled for February 5th. I'm just not certain if I'll still be in Kelseyville since transfers will occur next Tuesday. I'll know by next week if I will be staying or going to a new area. There are defenitely a lot of people here I've enjoyed teaching, but a change may be nice. We'll see what the future holds.
I'm looking forward to writing you all next week with the details on where I'm going, who we've been teaching, and a few other experiences. I hope that all is well with each and every one of you. Thank you all for the e-mails, letters, and cards you have sent thus far. Take good care. 'Til next week!
Love,
Elder Anthony Gallegos
No comments:
Post a Comment